Friday, July 22, 2011

Apart from Me...

I was reading this latest blog post from my Pastor, R.W. Glenn, this past week, and had a few thoughts on my new adventures here as the gears start slowly turning as I wait to see what God has planned in all of this painting and refurbishing stuff...

When starting anything new, it's exciting, and fun, and pretty much takes up much of my thoughts. All that creative energy can drive me crazy some days when the ideas start flowing and my body is tired but my brain is still at work at 1 AM.

Guilt easily sets in for me too, like yesterday when my hubby was looking for his work pants as he rushed out the door, and I, paint brush in hand, glanced down at two rather large tubs full of clothes needing to be laundered.

If you live in the Minneapolis area and saw a police officer with rather wrinkly pants yesterday, you can blame it on me. Thankfully I have a very understanding husband who wore the wrinkles without complaint.

I am being convicted early, and have found much rest in this fact, that I can do nothing...

paint,
blog,
shop for deals,
make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches,

tackle piles of laundry,

care for my children,
love my family...

without God's help.


"Apart from Me you can do nothing."
(John 15:7)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment