Monday, August 22, 2011

An unexpected little treasure...


A friend of mine gave me this cute little piece yesterday. I couldn't help but think that it actually looked a little scared of me as it sat there waiting out it's fate. It sat in my garage for a couple of hours as I brainstormed how to dress it up. Then I couldn't help myself any longer and the beautiful day called me outside to start painting. There isn't going to be too many days like this left, after all.

Initially, both my friend and I were thinking a pretty light pink. And it would fit right in, in Miss Belle's room. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to put it in a place where we all could enjoy it. Yet, I wanted to pick a color I haven't really worked with that much, something soft.
It was the first time I mixed my own paint to get this pretty gray...and I really love the way it turned out...








I think if this piece had a thought bubble above it, it would be saying,
"Now what was I so scared of? I like my new look! And all thanks to that crazy blond woman and her paint brush."


No comments:

Post a Comment