Thursday, January 19, 2012

Looking through the window...

My latest find is this incredible old window. I found it at a local antique shop priced way too low, in my opinion. It is in great shape, very sturdy and made really well. It was a bit dingy and dirty so when I took it home I tried cleaning it up a bit but I didn't want to take away from the natural chippy look that it had. So I watered down some white paint and softly brushed the top surface and it brightened it up instantly, still leaving that old, rustic feel I love so much.

I used some old vintage napkins as the background in 3 of the panes and placed some pictures that my Sister had photographed of my Grandma's house. I love that when I am looking at it, I get to remember such special memories of one woman in my life, taken through the eyes of another special woman in my life.

I think it goes perfectly with the old make believe fireplace....

No comments:

Post a Comment